After our SCCM upgrade from 2012 R2 SP1 to SCCM 1511 applications, OSs etc would not deploy. The client would sit at 0% downloading.
If you clicked “update content” on the installer within the SCCM console it would then install on the client. Investigating further I found the following error in the DataTransferService.log on the client
<![LOG[[CCMHTTP] ERROR: URL=http://<DP SERVER NAME>:80/SMS_DP_SMSPKG$/Content_53b51003-972a-41a7-bc75-0a22b18ceaef.1, Port=80, Options=480, Code=0, Text=CCM_E_BAD_HTTP_STATUS_CODE]LOG]!><time=”09:13:45.837+00″ date=”02-10-2016″ component=”DataTransferService” context=”” type=”1″ thread=”5284″ file=”ccmhttperror.cpp:291″>
This highlighted that the file could not be found on the web server. I checked the file location in IIS on the DP, it was pointing to E:\SMSPKGSIG – as expected the file it was trying to download did not exist.
To find the application that went with this Content ID I sued the following PowerShell script on the DP/Site server (I cannot remember what website I found this script on so apologies to the author)
$SiteCode = ‘Site Code’
$ContentID = ‘Content_53b51003-972a-41a7-bc75-0a22b18ceaef.1’
#Get-WmiObject -Namespace root\sms\site_$SiteCode -ComputerName $Server -Class SMS_Deploymenttype
Get-WmiObject -Namespace root\sms\site_$SiteCode -Class SMS_Deploymenttype -Filter “ContentID = ‘$($ContentID.Split(“.”))'” | Select LocalizedDisplayName -Unique
I validated the application on this DP and it failed and suggested redistributing. This did not resolve the problem but in the distmgr.log file on the site server hosting the DP role I found this error
RDC:Failed to copy package content signature file \\?\C:\SMSPKGSIG\Content_53b51003-972a-41a7-bc75-0a22b18ceaef.1.tar to \\<SERVER NAME>\SMSSIG$\Content_53b51003-972a-41a7-bc75-0a22b18ceaef.1.tar. Error 2
The strange thing was, the SMSPKGSIG directory should be on the E drive for our server(as set in IIS). When I check the c:\SMSPKGSIG directory I found the Content_53b51003-972a-41a7-bc75-0a22b18ceaef.1.tar file.
It would appear after upgrading the DP has changed its location for the SMSPKGSIG & SCCMContentLib directories and is now looking for them on the C drive & E Drive.
I used the ContentLibraryTransfer.exe tool from the ConfigMgr 2012 Toolkit R2 with the following command to transfer the library back to the E drive.
ContentLibraryTransfer.exe -SourceDrive C -TargetDrive E
I then revalidated the content of the failing package on the DP and it passed.
I scheduled a validation on all content – this should have already been on as it is on our other DPs
All Applications and OSs are now deploying again.
Hope this helps someone else as this caused massive head scratching!